Calgary Chemical Peels
$180.00 CAD / 45min Treatment
Package of 4 for $699.00
A chemical peel is a treatment we used to improve the texture of the skin. These peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of the skin, the skin that grows back after a chemical peel treatment is smoother and younger-looking.
The chosen peel solution induces a controlled injury to the skin and is used to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, skin discoloration, improve the clarity of the skin and scars. In order to achieve this, it is best to pre-treat the skin with AHA’s prescribed by the therapist a home care protocol with these products that include these ingredients. The pre-treatment length of time may differ from client to client but generally, a two-week period is recommended, this will enhance even penetration of the peel.
On the day of the treatment, you should be sure to avoid sweating, swimming pools, tanning or tanning bed. Makeup can be used but is best reserved for 24 to 48 hours post peel. Sun avoidance and/or the use of sunscreen is mandatory in ensuring good results.
No pulling or scratching at the skin during the healing phase as this may cause hyperpigmentation. The client will be sent home with a post-care to enhance this healing process.
Why You Should Try It
What is it?
A Chemical peels are a non-invasive way to immediately refresh and brighten the skin with no downtime. This is a cosmetic treatment that can be applied to the face, hands, and neck. They’re used to improve the appearance or feel of the skin. With exfoliating agents such as alpha-hydroxy acids, antioxidants and other agents that safely removes the superficial cell layers of your skin. If you are looking to refresh the look of your skin, then a chemical peel may be the perfect way to do this. Book a consultation with us today to get started!
How does it work?
During this procedure, chemical solutions will be applied to the area being treated, which causes the skin to exfoliate and eventually peel off one deeper peel. Once this happens, the new skin underneath is often smoother, appears less wrinkled, and may have less damage. A series of 4 to 6 peels done every 4-6 weeks will stimulate cell renewal. There are a number of reasons people may get chemical peels. They may be trying to treat a variety of things, including:
● wrinkles and fine lines
● sun damage
● acne scars
● uneven skin tone or redness
What to expect?
In order to properly treat your chemical peel, you need to know what to expect. For instance:
● Red skin after chemical peel procedures is completely normal.
● You might also experience a stinging sensation on your face. These symptoms will fade after a few hours.
● It’s also common for your skin to breakout during recovery. Don’t worry if this happens to you. This is natural because your outer skin layers are no longer blocking your pores.
● The most common occurrence of a chemical peel is peeling skin. The experience of dead skin peeling off is similar to the effects of a sunburn. The amount and duration of your skin peeling depend on the severity of your chemical peel.
How long should you expect to experience the effects of a chemical peel? It depends. In general:
● Recovery can take anywhere from 3 days – 2 weeks depending on the type of chemical peel. For example, someone going through a chemical peel for anti-aging might have a faster recovery than an anti-acne peel.
● For most peels, expect a recovery time of about 5-7 days.
● Your skin will dry out within a few hours after the procedure. At that time, it’s important to drink water and stay hydrated.
● You should also avoid washing your face for the first 24 hours after your peel.
● Your skin will breakout within the first two days of the peel. The middle days are when you can expect to experience intense peeling.